Most people come equipped by nature with all of the pieces of a puzzle necessary to enjoy life with excellent health but by the time they get their career and family underway, most have not only managed to scramble the puzzle … they’ve actually lost some of the piecesDiane McLaren
A wellness coach isn’t a psychologist nor a physician. A wellness coach is a fitness/wellness specialist who can walk you step by step from an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy one.
Why a wellness coach?
– Someone who listens and identifies the core issues which are hindering wellness.
– Someone who can look at you & your lifestyle with brand new eyes and is professional enough to give you the power of perspective, programs and tools to adjust your way of life in a sustainable way, unique to you.
– Someone who will support you without judgement, highlighting healthy versus unhealthy, rather than right and wrong.
– Someone who respects your privacy and confidentiality.
– Someone who offers possibilities and solutions.
– Someone who can take you from one level to another with great support and motivation.
– Lifestyle assessment, wellness & health behaviour
– Disease prevention especially cardio-vascular
– Physical endurance (Fitness testing & exercise program)
– Muscle Strength, Endurance & Flexibility
– Nutrition & weight – lifestyle, eating habits, body testing
– Stress management
– Personal safety & responsibility
– Reducing risk of cancer
– Health care risks & diseases (high blood pressure, diabetes ….)
What is expected from the client?
– A will to be well
Everyone who succeeds has a coach.